Many kids suffer with some variation of an attention disorder. Parents look to medical professionals for help with their children, even chiropractors! Here are a few natural methods that can help kids with ADD/ADHD
- PhytoMulti Kids–Great multivitamin with added phytonutrients. It contains 16 essential vitamins and minerals and 9 fruit and vegetable extracts to promote overall health and well-being. It includes Vitamin B6, and iron, which have been found to be beneficial for normal brain development and function, as well as zinc, which regulates the activity of neurotransmitters, fatty acids, and melatonin for behavior.
- Essential Fatty Acids (Fish Oils)–Fatty acids play a key role in normal brain function, particularly in cognitive and behavioral function. Research has found that boys with lower level of fatty acids had more learning and behavioral problems compared to boys with normal fatty acid levels.
- MindCare–An herbal formula designed specifically to help students with their academic performance. It can also help with occasional forgetfulness, attention deficit, aggressive behavior, and mental fatigue.
- Vitamin D–This vitamin plays an important role in healthy neurological function and immune health. It should be taken as Vitamin D3, which is the active form of Vitamin D, to deliver the health benefits associated with Vitamin D.
- Probiotic–A daily probiotic, such as UltraFlora Children’s, provides friendly strains of bacteria that support both the immune system and the digestive system.
- Attencia–A supplement formulated to promote attention, cognitive performance, and focus with a blend of coffee bean extract and guarana extract combined with theanine, zinc, and fatty acids.
- Bach Rescue Remedy Pastilles–This is a combination of 5 of the Original Bach Flower Remedies taken to restore emotional balance and is helpful to use in times of stress, emotional upheaval, and trauma. It works by addressing emotional imbalances to help maintain emotional and physical well-being.
Dietary Restrictions: Research has shown that children who may be sensitive to certain foods and additives may have issues associated with ADD/ADHD. It is recommended to remove artificial colors, preservatives, and flavors from the diet. Corn, wheat, milk, and soy removed from the diet may also improve the symptoms of ADD/ADHD.
- Chiropractic looks to optimize the nervous system by correcting subluxations, which may be causing interference to the nerves. When a subluxation is corrected by a chiropractic adjustment, neurological function is improved, and learning and behavioral impairments seen in children with ADD/ADHD may also improve.
- Craniosacral therapy can have a positive effect on both brain and spinal cord function and looks to balance and release any restrictions of the movement of fluids surrounding the brain and spinal cord. Stressful events, such as birth trauma, whiplash, or head and neck injuries can cause strain on the bones of the skull. This is a gentle hands-on technique that helps promote movement of those fluids surrounding the brain and spinal cord.
- It is a therapeutic form of massage based on Traditional Chinese Medicine, which has been around for over 2,000 years. It uses massage techniques such as gliding, kneading, pulling, rolling or tapping to help promote the balance of energy in the body. A thirty minute session with a massage therapist can be beneficial for any age, from infancy to adults and can create a feeling of relaxation and well-being.
Here at Minser Chiropractic Clinic, we offer all of the above products and services that help kids with attention disorders. If you have any questions about these products or services please reach out to us!