Some children devour vegetables like it’s candy, but what can you do if your kids refuse to eat the green stuff on their plate? Rather than forcing your kids to eat veggies, try preparing them in a way where they’ll enjoy them. We have some tips to try to get your kids to enjoy eating veggies.
1. Grow a vegetable garden! Growing a garden gives your kids a connection with their food. It also allows you and them to spend some family time outside.
2. Mince or puree them up in a food processor. Puree veggies to give to babies or hide them in pizza, pasta sauces, and soups.
3. Bake them! Make zucchini or broccoli cheese muffins for breakfast.
4. Hide them in meat! Mix puree or minced veggies with the meat, then mold them into burgers or meatloaf.
5. Put them into smoothies! When making their favorite strawberry banana smoothie, add a little spinach or kale to the mix.
6. Let them help make meals and snacks. Show them the fun of cooking and preparing meals. Let them pick out what veggies to eat at dinner tonight.
7. Experiment with dips! If kids don’t like plain veggies, offer something to go with it. Hummus, veggie dip, ranch dressing, and salsa work great with all kinds of veggies!
8. Cut back on the junk food! If there are less chips and cookies around to snack on, kids will be forced to choose alternatives like fruits and veggies!
9. Try new recipes! Preparing veggies in a new dish is a great way to spice up foods and try new things!