The holiday season is upon us and along with it is the stress of shopping. Not only does finding the perfect gift put stress on our mind and emotions but also our body. Shopping doesn’t always have to be a chore, it can be a fun activity! Try these helpful tips to make shopping less of a pain.
- Make a list. Create a list of people or items you’re shopping for. This makes it easier to avoid being enticed by store displays and going over your budget.
- Stay hydrated. If you make shopping a full day event it’s important to stay hydrated throughout the day. Drinks like coffee, tea, soda and alcohol are dehydrators so stay away from those while shopping.
- Invite Friends Along. Enlist the help of others and they can offer advice, help carry bags, and make it more fun! They can also help keep you on track and pull you away from items you don’t need.
- Leave the huge shoulder bags at home. Wear a light cross body purse, fanny pack, or even a backpack instead. Chunky shoulder bags can put unnecessary weight on one side causing you to over compensate and can put your spine out of alignment.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Ditch the heels and put on something that can absorb the impact of walking for long periods of time.
- The easy way out is using the internet. Skip the lines and head to a computer to do your shopping. Just make sure you have good posture to avoid back or neck pain.