- Apples: Lower cholesterol and blood pressure, help prevent cancer, and help clean teeth
- Bananas: Help promote a steady heartbeat, help heal ulcers and reduce blood pressure
- Beans: High in fiber, help keep blood sugar and cholesterol levels down and build red blood cells
- Broccoli: Adds fiber, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, iron, and beta-carotene to your diet.
- Cantaloupe: Is the world’s richest source of vitamin C. This is the vitamin some scientists say can add 5 years to your life
- Brown Rice: Has twice as much fiber as white rice, plus zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6. Has been shown to help lower blood pressure, fight diarrhea, and prevent kidney stones.
- Carrots: Contain more beta-carotene than any other food. A cup a day can cut risk of heart disease by 50%
- Salmon: Is a proven remedy for clogged arteries. Rich in omega-3 oils, which may also help fight arthritis
- Yams: Have strong anti-oxidant qualities. Studies show they help lower risks of both cancer and heart disease.